Language Teaching and the Internet
Welcome to this workshop! You can always come back to this page
by clicking .
As we go along,
you'll also have the opportunity to submit links to websites or other
Internet resources you find that you feel will be of interest to you
or others. You can add a link by clicking the Add a Link button.
Later, we'll be able to search through all
the links that were added.
NOTE: This is only a tentative schedule! I'm sure we'll be revising it as
we go along.
- Week 1: Consuming Information
- June 16: Overview of the Internet as a
- Email and Usenet: asynchronous communication
- IRC/MOO/MUD: synchronous communication
- The WorldWide Web: a little of both!
- June 17: More about Email Part 1
- Professional development: Mailing lists & newsgroups
- June 18: More about Email Part 2
- Using lists and newsgroups with/for students
- June 19: IRC/MUD/MOO
- Differences between IRC/MUD/MOO
- Negotiating Chat Areas
- June 20: The Web -- Getting relevant stuff
- Time for MUD/MOO
- Research materials for students (And Caveats!)
- Week 2: Producing/Publishing Information
- June 23: Using Email and lists
- Using an in-class list
- Creating "key pal" connections
- Discussing "netiquette"
- How do you set up your own list?
- June 24: Intro to Web Publishing
- June 25: Publishing the Web Part 2
- Pages from yesterday
- A simple HTML page
- Web page editors
- Intro to interactivity (CGI)
- June 26: Review and Refresh
- Getting a computer
- Getting connected
- Issues encountered...
URL of this page:
Copyright © 1997 Kristina Pfaff-Harris